Tuesday 10 March 2015

Pesky wabbits!

One of the areas I've planted in is called "Fairy Grove" - it was initially planted by my wife and daughter as a circle of trees with a few surrounding it. As a surprise with some of the osier I'd cut back, I'd planted a little arch as an entrance way. In time we'll add to it so I'd put a few sticks in the ground nearby that should grow and could be woven in eventually. I made a template from cardboard which would be used to mulch them (we'd cover it in woodchip):

However, in these food scarce winter months, the rabbits are looking for things to eat and they stumbled across my willow. This was the result:

 

It's pretty tough stuff so it might survive but I quickly put spirals around the longer lengths which had also been attacked and they're already putting out catkins:

 

With the extra trees that I'd ordered the little Fairy Grove now has 62 planted in it - a veritable little forest!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment